Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MY FIRST MONSTER MAGAZINE

Readers who regularly visit MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD will know that a short while ago I posted a  retrospect of Stan Lee's MONSTERS TO LAUGH WITH No. 1. My main reason for doing this is because it was the very first "monster magazine" that I ever bought. I was nine years old at the time and, as I believe I mentioned, the most likely reason that I was even allowed to purchase it was because it was marketed more as a "funny book" than a monster 'zine. Besides, my parents were busy in getting us moved out to the San Fernando Valley from my birth town of Torrance, California by the summer. What were a few monster pics with ridiculous word balloons coming out of them? Heh, heh! Little did they know . . .

Now, before you think I've gone all self-indulgent on you, I wanted to share a little bit of the back story behind this for a reason. I believe that many of YOU had similar experiences surrounding the purchase of your first monster mag, too. If that's the case and you feel inclined to share it, I'd love to hear from you. Wax nostalgic, share the feelings you had, or anything else that you think is funny, memorable, or entertaining. If you decide to respond, please use the email address found in the "About Me" profile at the top of this blog's sidebar by clicking on the "VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE" option. I wouldn't mind having a first name at least, or your "alias", and your home town. Include anything you'd like that's related to the purchase of your first monster mag. As time, space, and appropriateness permits, I will post your tales right here for the world to see at the MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD BlogSpot. Don't be bashful now, become a part of the MMW community and start writing!