Friday, October 29, 2010

ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS GHOST STORIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

 

“How do you do, boys and girls. I’m delighted to find that you believe in ghosts, too. After all, they believe in you, so it is only common courtesy to return the favor.” With those few words I was transported into a new world of spirits, fantasy, and things that went -- and sometimes still do -- bump in the night. Only second to my fave, Bobby "Boris" Pickett's original MONSTER MASH, ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS GHOST STORIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE (Golden Records, 1962) was an LP that I literally wore down. The deadpan humor of Hitchcock himself introducing tales narrated by the great John Allen literally scared the hell out me (well, some of them anyway) as a monsterkid and became one of those iconic, literally "life-changing" moments that you hear about so often. In my opinion, this is about as good as it gets for a vintage "spooky" record. Have a listen. If you've never heard it before, you're in for a real treat. So, go ahead -- enjoy these "Tales of spooks, hobgoblins and spirits hauntingly introduced by the master of the unexpected"!









1 comment:

Linda Navroth said...

Oh my! I remember this one Bro--leave it to you to unearth it!