Friday, May 13, 2011

HOWLING AT THE MOON

Well, it took a server outage to break my string of uninterrupted blog posts. While it seemed longer, Blogger's official time for their unplanned outage was 20+ hours, or, for them, "one day". Considering the times that I use for editing and posting, it may have been 20 or so hours to them, but in my world it was closer to 3 days.

Now, I'm far from naive when it comes to unexplained problems with computers, so I won't rant about what happened. However, since it's obvious that there is a chink in the armor, an Achilles heel, a Beauty that killed the Beast as it were, I hope it got fixed without any security issues (like a toadie running off with the client list). Chalk it up to the the so-called unforseen maintenance issue and move on, right?

But, before I do that, I have a question for anybody who cares to spend the time to comment: If you have used Blogger for longer than the year that I've been on it, has something like this ever happened before? And, if you use another Blog provider, have you experienced anything like this before from them?

I'd appreciate it if you leave a quick note . . . that is, if the computer glitches for the comments are back to normal.

I'll continue with regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

No comments: