Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE GENERAL MILLS "MONSTER FAMILY" OF CEREALS IS BACK!

Who can forget chomping on a huge bowl of Count Chocula, Franken Berry, or Boo Berry cereal? Between these, Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch, I was almost assured of adult-onset Diabetes! Little did we know -- or care -- as long as there was a box of something to jump start us growing Monster Kids in the A.M, eh?

Well, now you can relive the joy of junk food as General Mills has re-introduced the trio of tasty morsels as their special Halloween season "Monster Family" of cereals. Looks like they may be a Target exclusive, but I'm checking my local Fred Meyer and Safeways, too. My teeth are hurting just thinking about it!





2 comments:

Jim Clatterbaugh said...

These cereals never went away, I've been buying them ever since they were introduced in the 1970s. Every year they redesign the boxes and I purchase them. I have a large collection of them. The only ones that disappeared from the shelves were Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute. they just must not be stocking them in your area. They are and have been available here since the '70s. You can also still get Quisp here, I collect those boxes also.

John said...

Aha! So it seems that these cereals might be a regionally-distributed item. I have to admit, though, I haven't taken a walk down a breakfast cereal aisle in quite some time, so it's possible they might have been available all along here in the Seattle area, too. Thanks for the update, Jim. Maybe you can share some of your collection on your "Blog From the Vault" sometime?